Friday, August 21, 2009

Trifle Dish Decorating + Taco Dip Recipe

I have THIS trifle dish...


It's a huge pain to store...it's tall and oddly shaped...I just don't have room for it in any of my cupboards. So what does one do with a trifle dish not filled with...uhh... "trifle"?? (What the flip is TRIFLE, anyway? LOL!) Well I am going to show you...but not yet! Photos later! Promise!

In the meantime, my favorite recipe to prepare in the Trifle Dish is my layered taco dip! So absolutely delicious you'll think you've died and gone to Mexico. YUMMY stuff!

Super easy to make too (love that!)

Layered Taco Dip

In a trifle dish or another DEEP dish, layer the following from bottom to top:

1. I can refried beans mixed with one packet of taco seasoning.
2. 1 16 oz. container of sour cream mixed with 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese.
3. 1 16 oz. jar of salsa
4. 2 cups guacamole and 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
5. 1 small head of lettuce shredded
6. 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
7. 1 small can sliced black olives

Things I’ve learned since making this for the first time…drain the salsa REALLY WELL or the liquid will make the whole thing runny. (I strongly reccomend Pace Salsa...NOT Picante...it's thick and chunky with very little extra liquid.) And I used a bag of shredded iceberg lettuce just to make my life a little bit easier!

Tastes delish AND looks fantastic! Can't beat it! ENJOY with your favorite corn chips! (We tend to rock the Tostito's Scoops at our house!)

Alright...trifle dish decor tonight!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails