Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crock Pot People - Buffalo Chicken Dip

We are "Crock Pot People"...especially with fall coming up and the kids starting school. It's SO much easier for me to prepare dinner in the morning while the kids are eating breakfast or even the night before after I do dinner dishes. Then I can plug it in and turn it on before I go to work and by the time I get home, we're ready to rock!

This fall I plan to start a weekly Linky Party called CROCK POT PEOPLE to share your favorite delish Crock Pot/Slow Cooker recipes! So be watching for that!

In the meantime, I want to share our FAVORITE crock pot appetizer! Spicy and delicious and I get asked to bring it everytime we go to a party or gathering! It is PERFECT for football games and we make it about once a week in the fall/winter...no lie! :)

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 large can chicken - drained and shredded
1 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot...do NOT use Tobasco!)
1 cup Ranch dressing
1 8-oz. cream cheese, softened
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.

1. Mix the hot sauce, ranch dressing and cream cheese in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken. Mix well and then pour into a crock pot.
3. Sprinkle the top with cheese, lock your lid on and cook on high for half an hour.
4. Once the shredded cheese is melted, stir to mix it into the dip...turn the crockpot down to low and you should be ready to rock!

We use Frito's Scoops with this dip and it is the most magnificent "Hot Wing on a Chip" taste your mouth is ever going to experience!!

Mmmm...just thinking about it makes me crave football and chips & dip!!

Looking forward to Sundays...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails