Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Taco Bake

I've been asked to share my Taco Bake recipe...I adapted this recipe from something I found online quite awhile ago, and it is SO delicious!! One of my personal favorites!

1 box medium shell pasta
1 lb. hamburger
1 packet Taco Seasoning
2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
1 8-oz. cream cheese -- softened
1 8-oz. sour cream
2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar
Tortilla Chips

1. Brown your hamburger meat, and then drain. Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning, mix, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
2. While that is simmering, boil your pasta according to package directions.
3. Mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream together in a bowl.
4. When everything is ready, pour drained pasta into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
5. Spread cheese/sour cream mixture over the pasta and then layer the meat over that.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheddar over everything and bake at 350° for about 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

We like to serve this with tortilla chips. The kids like to scoop the casserole onto their chips, while I like to crush my chips up and mix them in a little bit.

Either way, DELICIOUS!! And if you're interested in making it healthier, you could easily use lowfat cream cheese, shredded cheese and sour cream, and ground chicken or turkey instead of beef!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails