Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Zucchini Bread

I LOVE zucchini bread. It's taken some time to perfect my recipe, but my family and friends all love it. The kids especially!

Jenn's Zucchini Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup cinnamon applesauce
1 cup white sugar
I cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped nuts

**I use 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts, but you can use whatever you prefer or have on hand! Raisins would be a delicious addition as well!


1. Grease and flour two bread pans and preheat your oven to 325.
2. Stir (or sift, if that's how you do it) flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. (I just use a fork and mix well.)
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients slowly into the wet mixture, and beat well.
4. Stir in zucchini and nuts.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans.
6. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until center appears to be set. Cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on a rack.

Mmmm...the cinnamon-y (yes...I made that word up!) smell just OOZES Autumn to me! Gosh I love fall!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails