Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas - Half Homemade

My oldest son, Will, has been requesting my enchiladas for awhile now, so it's time I give in and hook the boy up! :)

These are fast and yummy and our family (especially my Will) LOVES them! I double the following recipe, but I've got a family full of growing boys so they can eat!

Chicken Enchiladas
1 tub of Chi-Chi's Chicken for Tacos*
1 can of fat-free refried beans
1 pkg. of 8-inch tortilla shells
1 can enchilada sauce
3 cups shredded cheddar
Sour Cream

*You could easily make the chicken yourself by cooking two chicken breasts, shredding it and mixing with taco seasoning and a little water. I buy it in tubs because it's faster and easier for me!

1. Lay out your tortillas.
2. Spread each with a heaping tablespoon of refried beans.
3. Split chicken evenly among tortillas and spread along the center line.
4. Divide one cup of shredded cheddar evenly among the tortillas and sprinkle over chicken.
5. Pour about 1/4 of your can of enchilada sauce into a 9x13 pan.
6. Roll tortillas tightly and place seam side down in the baking dish.
7. Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. I spread this out with the back of a spoon to make sure they are all evenly coated.
8. Sprinkle the remaining two cups of cheese over the enchiladas.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for about half an hour. They are done with the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Serve with sour cream! YUM!

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails