Monday, April 18, 2011

Menu Monday

I tried to post this earlier but Blogger and I got into a fist-fight over formatting...Blogger won. Grr.

Trying again. :)

For the past few months I have been planning our meals two weeks in advance...and then shopping for our meals two weeks in advance. We love our new way of life. We eat healthier, because we rarely eat out. It saves us time because there are no last minute trips to the store and I know in advance what we are having, so there's not searching through the cabinets trying to make a decision when I get home from work. It also saves us money because I shop with specific meals in mind, I plan leftovers days, and I can plan meals that utilize leftovers.

It's still a flexible plan though...if something comes up and we need to switch days, no biggie. I am honestly so pleased with our decision to do this.

Anyway...thought I'd share our meal plans every week in case anyone is looking for meal ideas! Works for us!

Monday 4/18
LEFTOVERS (Leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes from Saturday)

Tuesday 4/19
Sloppy Joes
Baked Mac-N-Cheese

Wednesday 4/20
Tatertot Casserole

Thursday 4/21
Steak
Grilled Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Friday 4/22
Honey Mustard Chicken
Rice
Steamed Veggies

Hopefully this helps anyone struggling to think of meals on a day to day basis!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails