Thursday, April 28, 2011

OPAM

OPAM = One Photo a Month

I've seen some people take on this project with their entire families...one of my very favorite photographers, Tara Whitney, did this last year...6 people, times 12 (Tara, her husband and their four kids) every month for a year. Amazing.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a family "portrait" every month, but it's hard because often, when McKenzie is over, Will isn't...or when Will and McKenzie are home, Luc and Mike are at their dad's. To get our whole crew of 7 (plus 2 dogs) together in the day time all at once is a rarity...and when it does happen it's usually chaotic and there's lots going on! (As I'm sure you can imagine! haha!)

SO, I decided I'd embark on a challenge to take a portrait of my four boys, all together...at least once a month...every month. Of course, I didn't decide this until April so my "year" is kind of lop-sided, but so be it.

I am planning to push to be more creative as the months go on, but for right now, this was a rushed evening shot we took quickly when we got home from one of the boys' sports practices...and I love it. I am going to print one for my desk at work so I can stare at those faces all day and dream of being a Stay at Home Mom. <3 And whenever they stress me out (because lets be honest...kids can stress us out), I can think of this moment and these faces and I realize it's ok.

I love these boys with every ounce of my soul...my four boys...take 1.



And just for fun...Mikey is a BURST of personality, and 9 out of 10 photos I snapped he was making a face kind of like this. He makes me laugh. hahaha!



1 comment:

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} said...

So stinkin' cute! I've got four boys myself and wish I could just bottle an ounce of their energy! Great photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails