Friday, July 16, 2010

Our Beautiful Baby Boy

Benji Riott was born 7/15 at 36 weeks, weighing a tiny (to me...remember, I have big babies) 6lbs 4oz. He is 18 1/2 inches long and has a full head of hair. My water had broken two days earlier.

He came out struggling to breathe...but after an hour in an oxygen hood, self-corrected and was doing fine. He was spending a lot of time under warming lamps trying to help him learn to self-regulate his body temperature and was doing great this morning. We had him all day in our room, only to learn this afternoon that after finding out I was Group B Strep positive, they rechecked his blood cultures and discovered bacteria growth.
He is now on IV antibiotics and has received several sticks and a spinal tap. :( He's looking at a long-ish hospital stay and I am crushed at the thought of being discharged without him tomorrow. :(

I will post a full birth story when I am in a better mental state (I'm super sad and worried about the infection...) but wanted to update everyone and let you know he's here!

Here's just one pic from here at the hospital, on his birthday with his Daddy.



3 comments:

Jrsygurl4life said...

Congrats on your bundle of joy's arrival! Hope he remains strong and comes home soon :)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

He is here! He is cute!!!!

Take care, sweetie, I am sorry he must stay in the hospital. HUGS.

Anti-Supermom said...

Hey, I was gone for the weekend, CONGRATS!!!

I'm positive he will be fine, take care of yourself and your little one.

He is beautiful~

Related Posts with Thumbnails