Monday, April 12, 2010

Half-Homemade Chicken Enchilada Pie

I should've made this when my oldest son was here...he would've LOVED it!

I found a recipe online and tweaked and changed it up to suit our family and the things we like! I love doing that!!

What I DIDN'T do was take a picture! I've been TERRIBLE about including pictures lately, and even worse about remembering to take pictures of our food before we eat it all up!

I'll get better at that...I'll work on it. Promise.

Chicken Enchilada Pie

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 eight inch tortilla shells
Tostitos Zesty Bean & Cheese dip
Salsa (I only use Pace Thick & Chunky - Medium)
2 cups Shredded Cheddar

1. Cook and shred chicken breasts. (Season to taste while cooking.)
2. Spray the inside of an 8" spring-form pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Place one tortilla shell in the bottom of the pan. Layer bean dip, chicken, salsa and cheese on top of the shell. Top with another shell.
4. Repeat with the remainder of the shells.
5. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the sides of the spring-form pan and cut the pie into wedges. Serve with sour cream and corn chips! YUMMY!!

This was SUPER quick and so easy. The kids LOVED it (which is always awesome for me)!! It will definitely be a keeper in our arsenal of family recipes!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails