Monday, April 5, 2010

Half Homemade Carrot Cake! Mmmm!

Dear Carrot Cake,

I love you so. You are spicy and sweet and delightful. I love you so much that instead of waiting for you to cool, I frosted you a little bit warm. I think I love you even more when you're warm.

xoxo,
Jenn

PS...I love you so much I want to share you with the masses. I shall do that now. :)

Half Homemade Carrot Cake

1 box carrot cake mix
1 cup crushed canned pineapple - undrained
1 cup sweetened flake coconut
1 cup raisins
1 individual serving size cup cinnamon applesauce (Know what I mean? Like the snack-pack of applesauce??)
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
Cinnamon to taste

1. Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes.
2. Pour into pan or muffin cups and bake per package directions.
3. If you can wait for it to cool, do so, and then frost (I recommend cream cheese icing. Normally I'd make it myself, but I wasn't in the mood, so I just bought a can...delish!)

Notes:
  • I used applesauce in place of one cup of oil. If you so choose, you could use oil. I'll stick with the applesauce. (I do this in almost ALL cakes I make.)
  • If you think you have raisins and you don't, don't be afraid to dump out an entire box of raisin bran and pick the raisins out. Don't ask me why I had to figure that one out.
  • If you don't have crushed pineapple, toss some pineapple chunks in the food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails