Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Exciting! Renovation Decision!

Well, the man and I decided to embark on our biggest reno. project yet!!! (Of course, we've still got to finish the kitchen, put trim up in the living room, redo the laundry room...etc. LOL!) BUT, we've made a decision and I am SO excited about the possibilities.

Up above our garage (which, while "attached" is separate from the house) there are two rooms...one big, one small. The big room is currently my man's "den"...it's smoky and dirty...it houses a pool table and a small bar. There's not a lot of natural light, and it's generally chilly up there.

Well...we have decided to make the upstairs a MASTER BEDROOM, which will give his daughter and my oldest son their own rooms (the two little guys will continue to share)!!

There is SO much to be done before a move actually takes place. The slate pool table will have to come back DOWN the stairs. (Yikes!) We'll need to clean and clean and clean and SOMEHOW get the smoke smell out...(I seem to remember reading about some kind of primer that can cover that smell?? I'll have to do some googling.) I will want bigger windows than what is up there. There's a possibility we'll need to add that room to our house heating system (right now it's got a separate gas heater) which would mean closing off a doorway I think...plus opening up another doorway. The floors would need to be replaced. We'd eventually want to create a bathroom up there (possibly in the smaller room?) Ahhhh...so much possibility! I get giddy just thinking about it!

But...like I said, that is far off in the distance. We will, though, keep you updated on our progress!

I've got a fun project we've been working on to share soon, as well as a SUPER easy donut recipe I found out in blogland! Plus THREE wreath projects! YAY!

xoxo,

2 comments:

Suz said...

Dare I comment....good for you in making a wish list and dreaming together...bless your endeavor

Anti-Supermom said...

I'm super jealous that you are doing this and I can't wait to see photos of the progress!

Related Posts with Thumbnails